Butter lettuce is so highly underappreciated, getting run over by romaine and spinach, but its leaves work so well with a salad of many ingredients. Adding as little or as much of each one will allow this salad to take on its own flavor, whether it be tangy or cool.
- 1/4c Lime Juice (Bottled)
- 1/3c Olive Oil
- 1tbsp Honey (Raw)
- 1tbsp Mustard (Stone Ground)
- 1 clove Garlic (Minced)
- 5 cranks Sea Salt (Freshly Ground)
- 20 cranks Black Peppercorn (Freshly Ground)
- 2 heads Butter Lettuce
- 2 Avocados (Sliced)
- 1/3c Green Onion (Sliced)
- 1/3c Cilantro (Fresh/Chopped)
- 1/3c Mozzarella (Shredded)
- Sea Salt (Freshly Ground/To Taste)
- Black Peppercorn (Freshly Ground/To Taste)
To make the dressing, add all ingredients into a container and either whisk or shake until combined.
Remove the Butter Lettuce leaves from the head, chop to desired size, rinse gently under cold water, and let dry. Or, place the chopped leaves into a salad spinner and spin to remove all excess water. Once dry, place the lettuce in a large bowl and add the sliced Avocado and Green Onions, chopped Cilantro, and Mozzarella.
Toss the salad with the Lime Dressing, season with Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn, then serve.